The Holographic Art Grant finances the production of new art holograms.
To support the creation of new works the Hologram Foundation is offers financing to artists. The intention is to enable the production of high quality collectable holograms for people to own. Half of the works produced are to be donated back to the Foundation for exhibitions and sales that assist with promoting and financing future projects.
OPEN CALL FOR 2018 PROJECTS
- Artistic value
- Technical quality
- Simple display design
- Maximum size 50×60 cm
- Transmission or reflection
- Must include display stand or mounting hardware
- Must include lighting
Art & Design
- Artistic project & concept
- Display design
- Technical concept
- Material uses
Project organization & cost
- Practical organization: individual lab, collaboration with university or private lab, etc.
- Project Budget, including an artist fee and shipping costs – download Project Budget Template
–Up to two page project concept – as PDF
– Project Budget see template
– Selected portfolio in one of the following formats: three page PDF or three web links, when links are to video content this must be under 5 minutes or a starting point provided. Any combination to make a total of three Links and PDF pages can be submitted
Submissions deadline extended to November 17, 2017
Notification by the end of the year
Art work delivery September 2018
with exhibitions in Paris October/November 2018 and New York in Spring 2019.
Questions and Submissions to: Hologramfoundation@gmail.com
Artists may only apply for one project in each round, and are not eligible for the the next round after being funded.
Other sources of funding and support are encouraged however the whole project cost can be requested.
Usually 1/3 of the award is given at the start of the project 2/3 on project delivery other arrangements are possible if needed to meet costs.
Half of the work produced is donated to the Hologram Foundation. For example if your request is to produce a series of four, two of the holograms would be donated back to the Foundation. Likewise if a series of 6 unique but similar works are produced three of these would be given to the Hologram Foundation.